Rehau produce underground pre insulated pipe and fittings for district heating projects, where it is used to connect a single heat source to multiple buildings. They produce two types of underground pre insulated pipe called Rauvitherm and Rauthermex. Rauvitherm is a pre-insulated PE-Xa pipe with closed cell cross linked PE foam. Rauthermex is also a pre-insulated PE-Xa pipe but uses polyurethane (PU) foam.
LoCO2 Heat are a UK distributor for Rehau products, but have chosen to specialise in the supply of Rauthermex due to the much better thermal insulation properties of the PU foam, which has a lambda value of 0.0216W/mK. Not only can LoCO2 Heat provide Rauthermex and Everloc fittings at unbeatable prices, but we can provide you with the installation tools should it be required and assist with the design of your district heating scheme.
There are many advantages to Rauthermex such as:
- Excellent thermal insulation
- Uses leak proof Everloc compression fittings
- Quick installation
- Works on all district heating schemes regardless of size, but should be your only choice on larger projects where heat loss is critical
- Small bending radius
- Largest polymer flexible district heating pipe on the market at 140mm UNO, which is capable of transporting 2.5MW at 80°C flow and 50°C return.
- Lightweight and flexible so offer huge advantages over steel pipework and is much quick to install
- Do not need to compensate for thermal expansion due to bonded foam structure
- Water penetration reduced to a minimum due to fully bonded foam